This is a 1-day course for small and medium size businesses as well as self-employed people, trainers, instructors and coaches.
This is the syllabus for the 6-hour First Aid course as laid down by the Health and Safety Executive
- The role of the First Aider including:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and subsequent actions
- use of available first aid equipment
- Legislation – first aid law including First Aider litigation issues
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Unconscious casualty management including Epilepsy
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
- First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
- Shock (Hypovolaemic)
- Minor injuries first aid for small cuts, grazes and bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds
To book onto a course, find the nearest on on our course Calendar.
If you would like to book a Private course at your workplace, get in touch via email or phone to discuss further. If we come to you, you have no staff travel issues and it can be on a date convenient to you.