The First Aid for School Staff course is for teachers, supervisory staff and after-school staff where some First Aid skills are useful.
Often run during an inset day, this 5 hour course will give the staff the basic skills to deal with incidents in the playground
It does not cover the Statutory Framework syllabus. For that you need the more detailed 6-hour Emergency Paediatric First Aid (EPFA) or the Ofsted-compliant 12-hour Paediatric First Aid course (PFA).
This course is only run as a private group booking for up to 12 people per group.
If you would like to Book a Private session at your school or similar location, do get in touch with Ladybird to chat further.
The syllabus covers casualties at Primary and Secondary School level, but not paediatric First Aid.
- The Roles and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Action at an emergency / priorities / Record Keeping
- Definition of baby / child / adult
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Dealing with a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with a casualty who is bleeding – including nosebleeds
- Dealing with a casualty who is having an allergic reaction
- Dealing with a casualty who has a strain, sprain or fracture
- Dealing with a casualty who has an acute medical condition such as asthma, diabetes or seizure
- Dealing with a casualty who has a minor injury such as a cut, burn, bite , splinter or sting