This is a 1-day entry level course for anyone looking after children but do not need the full 2-day OFSTED Paediatric course. If you do need the OFSTED compliant course, course our Paediatric First Aid course instead
Typically this would be for Nannies and Au Pairs although babysitters, parents and grandparents would also find this course suitable
This is the syllabus for the 6-hour First Aid course as laid down by the Statutory Framework
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolaemic shock)
- Help a baby or child that is suffering from anaphylactic shock
To Book onto a course, find the nearest on on our course Calendar.
If you would like to Book a Private session at your home or similar location, do get in touch with Ladybird to chat further. Private sessions can be run for 1 or more people on a mutually acceptable date.